USCAH Education Packages
The video game industry has grown exponentially since its commercialization in the 1970s, with the popularity of video games creating opportunities for gamers to play casually, stream, compete and create viable careers. With the increase of gaming, however, there also is an increase in health risks associated with extended gameplay.
U.S. Council for Athletes’ Health (USCAH) recognizes these health effects and is working diligently to provide guidelines for safe and healthy gaming. USCAH has created customized educational programming tailored specifically for gamers on our e-learning platform - Athletics Healthspace - to meet this growing need for education. Athletics Healthspace houses a growing library of more than 170 courses that can be customized by audience and completed via the website or mobile app.
Gamers, coaches, support staff, and administrators should all have at least a baseline understanding of health, safety and welfare issues that are common in Esports.
Meet the unique needs of your organization by selecting from our most popular programs for Esports programs. Each package provides a comprehensive overview of the topic, designed by our athletics healthcare experts and tailored for non-medical audiences.
Create your own package by selecting up to 10 courses from the Athletics Healthspace library. Content and titles are subject to change. Contact USCAH for up-to-date resources and programming that meet best practices.
- Healthcare Providers Package
- A maximum of 0.5 Category D CEUs (via BOC for the Athletic Trainer standards) are available per course.
- Non-Healthcare Providers Package
Get in touch to learn more about USCAH Education Packages.
USCAH Preferred Accreditation
The U.S. Council for Athletes’ Health has set the accreditation standards for institutions, programs, and organizations to illustrate their commitment to athlete health, safety, and welfare. By achieving USCAH Preferred Accreditation, you are showing to your athletes, coaches, staff, administration, and university community that you have prioritized making sports safer for every athlete.
Get in touch to learn more about USCAH Preferred accreditation.
Featured Esports Education Packages
- Athlete Health and Safety for Esports Administrators, Coaches, and Staff Package
- Athlete Health and Safety for Esports Athletes Package
Featured Add-On Packages
- Anti-Racism Package
- Athlete Wellness Package
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Sports Package
- Emergency Preparedness Package
- Esports Package
- Managing Injuries and Other Common Conditions and Situations in Sports Package
- Mental Health Package
- Policy and EAP Development Package
Choose from USCAH's growing course library to create your own educational package for your stakeholders. These courses are divided into the following course categories:
- Athlete, Health, Safety, and Wellness
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Sports
- Education for Healthcare Providers
- Emergency Preparedness
- Mental Health
- Sport-Specific Health and Safety Checklists